Tuesday, December 12, 2006
 | David Rex Current mood: okay ok, i have to admit it: I have thought of myself as one of the smartest people alive before. Call it arrogance, confidence, stupidity, or cradduck-esque, but i think i just might be. Of course, I'm not claiming to be an expert in conventional wisdom such as math, science and literature. I lose in that regard to most above-average intelligent people. What i am claiming to be a master of is conceptualizing and out-of-the-box-thinking. You see, there are times when i think of the most random but amazing things. Like my theory that personality, health or emotional traits are actually linked to meaningless physical characteristics. example: i enjoy my sense of humor solely because my second toe is longer than my big toe on my right foot. Scientists have it all wrong, lung cancer is not actually caused by an excessive amount of smoking, but rather an excessive amount of plaque build-up on the back of one's second bicuspid. The problem is science's death-grip on the notion of cause and effect. oh yes, syphilis must be contracted through sexual contact. Not true, it is the result of the angle at which the bottom of your earlobes meet the tip of your nose, if a line was drawn from the ears down the back of the body between the legs and back up to the nose.
Another arguement which challenges my authority as the smartest person alive is my lack of proof for these claims. I have a very simple answer to that. The shape that my left knuckle makes indicates that I am very bad at remembering things. I have even pondered some sort of attention disorder. My mind is usually racing by with a plethora of thoughts and ideas. My problem either lies in the curvature of my right heel or the paucity of freckles in a 3cm by 3cm square on my lower back but whichever it is, I can never grasp onto these ideas long enough to remember them or develop them further. I have been known, by myself, to have said, "I am the most brilliant contemporary thinker but the worst ever communicator." As I send the ideas down from my head to be processed and redistributed as words or text, something goes wrong. I have a hunch it has something to do with the width of the little grooves in my right thumb, but I'm not 100% certain. Anyhow, the transition from thought to audible symbol is not something i have mastered. It just occured to me that science might very well be able to diagnose me with some kind of illness. maybe mental.
Whatever, science. You're just as bad as religion. I know I'm sane; the length of the sprouting hair around the brim of my nipple says so. Science can only be true if you buy into its system. The system that i would say ninety-eight percent of the human population believes in, but what's always popular isn't always right. We all start with a leather bound book, with a blank page for every day of our lives. It's up to us to decide how we should fill it. Some people choose to fill it with religion, some people choose to fill it with luxuries, or with sexual escapades, or with devotion to their family, or to the system enacted through science. Whatever it is, in the end, we all fill our books with something. That's why traditional happiness is such a pointless and impractical goal to strive towards. It's completely subjective. There is no universal happiness which exists outside of one's own wills and desires. There is no universal anything. People spend a fortune of their time deliberating what their purpose is; what the meaning of life is. In reality, the meaning of life is whatever you make it be. But its alright people, i don't fault you. I too understand the difficult struggle between creating and maintaining your individuality while living within the construct of a social environment. It's easy to be pursuaded into accordance with that which is popular.....
...ADD again. goodnight America. goodmorning England. i wish i could do a better british accent but alas, the incredibly stretchy skin on my right elbow hinders my performance.
 | Currently listening : Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven By Godspeed You Black Emperor Release date: 07 November, 2000 | |
No comments:
Post a Comment